Sunday, August 19, 2012

How not to negotiate with people

 Was playing some Call of Pripryat (COP) when some very interesting events happened to me...

While in Yanov Station, some dude was blubbering about how he can't pay this guy or something.
Turns out he was in the mist of a loansharking scam.

Being the good samaritan I am, I agreed to go talk to the dude who holds his balls in a glass jar, and attempt to get his manhood back for him.

Strolling through the zone, (after  several blind dogs chew on my ass, rats multiplying before my eyes, and a chimera who was "practicing" long jump for next years Olympics) I make it to the Checkpoint where this "Boss" is.

Now when you talk to the whiny SOB, he tells you he owes around six grand or so. When you talk to the bandit boss, it's seven grand plus interest. Don't you just love bandits?

Three things can happen:

1) You can give the money willie nilly and piss off
2) Argue that it should be nowhere near seven + interest, and threaten him "with a big shooter"
3) Screw negotiations, blast them all back to the fucking stone age!

I decided to argue with the fact, since my momma raised no fool and all.
His rebuttal was eight plus interest. My rebuttal was shooting him in the head with a rifle.

Me: 1
Bandits: 0

Now his buddies obviously didn't like the fact I killed their boss and attempted to shoot me with what might as well be mushed peas (I was wearing an exoskeleton).

Ever seen "The Terminator"? You know that scene where he blasts all the cops in the police station? Imagine me as Arnold, and the cops as bandits. You should get the idea.

20 minutes later, I have more bodies than a mortician lying around.

So. Much. Looting to do.
Yeah that is the end result of, say, 15 or so bandits. Trust me, Most of them are in the pile inside the doorway there.

Me: 15
Bandits: -25 (for attempting to kill me with mushed peas as bullets).

After telling my new friend what I did, he might as well have bowed to me in greatness.

"Wow! Your hardcore!" he said.

Nah, that was just a average day at the office for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment