Friday, August 24, 2012

Bringing back old memories

 Yeah so no more S.T.A.L.K.E.R for awhile, I promise.

So I decided instead of playing friggn' Minecraft I pulled out an oldie from the dust bunnies:
Battlefield 2: Modern Warfare 

Ah, the memories are comming back to me.
I will say this was a far cry to today's Battlefield 3.

Left trigger to crouch/prone, click the right thumbstick to zoom, right bumper to jump?!?!

Next thing you'll tell me you press "A" to man vehicles and turrets, and "Y" is to change seats! Oh, yeah...

One mission, in which to defend an oil rig and an island, had me pretty much shitting bricks by the end.

All because the enemy sends three gunships at you at once, plus a bevy of marines with high-powered smg's. And the allied a.i. is about as smart as a brick wall.

Near the end I was the last man standing with a sliver of health, and a helicopter with an itch to shove rockets up my ass. Perfect.

What do I have? A shotgun and an RPG. What do I use? The shotgun.

Ever seen "Die Hard with a Vengeance"? Know near the end where McClane gets the choppa to crash into a pole and blow up? Well replace his handgun with my shotgun, replace the telephone pole with a Lighthouse, and you got a recipe for WIN.

Yippee Ki-yay, motherfucker.
Yeah that was the look on my face once that BlackHawk was down. Who saids you need RPG's to blow up helicopters?

Both pictures of John McClane and Battlefield 2: Modern Warfare were supplied by the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment