Saturday, November 24, 2012

Dark Souls Boss: Sif the Pissed Off Wolf

Last post here.

 This is an "Optional boss" for now. But you need the ring he drops to tackle a much more painful boss later.

For this fight I was able to FINALLY summon my BFF Conquer59.

Thanks to Conquer 59 for the help with the boss. We be rollin', Dark Souls be hatin'...

Left: Mr. Tank Conquer59
This boss isn't too difficult, but for noob players like myself, it can be a royal pain in the ass.

No turning back once through this door.
Huh. That's a big sword. And what's with the other friggn' swords?
Conquer, you go first. Act as bait for whatever wants to kill me.
At this point he tells me "You are on your own!" and runs in the opposite direction. I tell him I will put a lightning bolt where the sun don't shine and he'll be pissing bolts of pain for life, and he turns around again.

It's not peer pressure, that's constructive criticism.

This is a graveyard dedicated to Artorias the Abysswalker. All these swords are people who honor his death. Really sad scene personally.

Walk up to the giant sword to activate a cutscene.

Big sword. how the hell am I gonna carry this in my back pocket?
I'm sure nothing bad will happen if I touch it...
My boss senses are tingling...
Oh....Fuck. My. Life.
Nice Wolfie...Wanna treat? Or a bone?

Or grab the sword and howl at the moon. That works too.
This is Sif, the Great Grey Wolf. He is the faithful companion to the warrior Artorias the Abysswalker.

He's also a major pain in the ass. Conquer go tank his ass while I stagger around.
Best strategy against him: Get up close to him, and bash at his legs. He can't slap you while your "scratching his belly."

One of his most painful attacks is a double sweep. The first you can block but the second you lose stamina and half your health. Conquer can block both due to his shield. Lucky bastard.
Usually he follows up by jumping back. This is the perfect time to heal. However he will either jump-swipe you, or run-and-overhead-slice. Neither are fun to manage.
In this case he did the overhead-slice. That's it Conquer! You eat pain!
It should be mentioned that when you summon someone, be sure to heal them by taking a swig of Estus. It doesn't matter if you're almost dead, it will heal your summoned phantom.

At this point my Halberd was too friggn' slow, so I pulled out a Barbed Straight Sword for faster punches. Seemed to do better in hindsight.
If you remove the sword in that pic, it looks like Conquer is being eaten by Sif. LoL.

His main attack is to swipe you two or three times. All can be blocked but will hurt the stamina a bit. Conquer was behind me waiting to get healed. Yeah, my bad.
At a certain point of his health, (though it never happened here) Sif will start to limp and be unable to perform any big moves without staggering.  He's still dangerous, but at this point you pretty much won.
When he finally dies, he drops his soul which you can use to create that weapon, and a ring you need to fight a boss later.
Personally this is a sad boss to fight. I like dogs. I had one, and Sif is just a big puppy defending his master's grave.

Once a boss has been defeated, whoever you summoned returns with half of the tally of souls for that boss (you keep the full amount) and humanity. So Conquer goes back to his world richer and more human than before. Your welcome.

Before you leave, go behind the tombstone for an item.
The "Hornet Ring" boosts back-stabs and parry damage done to enemies. And, if landed a successful parry, can change the animation your character does. A great ring if you master the skill and do PvP.

Time to pay respect to the great warrior and his companion.

May you rest in peace, Artorias and Sif.

No comments:

Post a Comment